Durtlang Leitan: Aizawl, Mizoram Post Box-167
Admission and Registration
ADMISSION AND REGISTRATION
ATC accepts students of all race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, denomination and status. In keeping with the above philosophy, we give due regards to the following:
- The applicant must be a full communicant member and a member in good standing with his/her church with a commitment to discipleship.
- The applicant must have a definite call to God’s service.
- The candidate must be able to do his/her studies in English language.
2. Documents Required for Admission:
The duly filled application must be forwarded to the Registrar’s Office (Academic Office) along with the following:
- One recent passport size photograph.
- A non-refundable application fee of Rs. 100/-
- Attested copies of all academic records.
- Academic and Ecclesiastical reference forms.
- Medical Certificate.
- Financial responsibility form.
- Recommendation and Confidential reports from the Pastor of the local church.
3. Application Forms and Prospectus:
Application form and Prospectus can be obtained from the Academic Office of ATC upon payment of Rs. 100/
4. Entrance Examination and Interview:
Each applicant, seeking admission in ATC for any programme except Doctoral programme, must appear for an entrance examination which covers the area such as Bible Knowledge, General Knowledge and English for B.D. applicant and Departmental examination for M.Th. Having passed the exam a candidate is required to appear for an interview of the department concerned, Faculty and Theological Education Board (TEB) of Mizoram Presbyterian Church. Application forms are to be procured from the College Office for a nominal price (or from ATC website).
The application form must be duly filled and submitted to the College Office by the given deadline every year. Candidates for B.D. studies will be expected to write an entrance test in Bible Knowledge, General Knowledge and English following which they will face an interview. Candidates for B.D. up-graders will be required to write the entrance test in English only. The dates for entrance test and personal interview for B.D. can be seen from the Academic calendar. If selected, the candidates have to join B.D. first year in June.
Candidates for M.Th. studies will be expected to write an entrance test in English and the subject of their specialization. The dates for this entrance test and interview are mentioned in the calendar every year. The selected candidates will begin their studies in June for the new Session. Candidates for M.Th. studies in Missiology may be required to undergo Intensive Summer Course in selected subjects. So also some other B.D. and M.Th. candidates may have to undergo a course in Remedial English.
Candidates for Doctoral programme have to pass the Common Entrance Test (CET) and the Research Methodology Course organised by the SATHRI under the Senate of Serampore College. The prospective candidates may be admitted at ATC for the programme after being duly interviewed by the concerned department and faculty of ATC, and the TEB.